Monday, February 22, 2010

February 22, 2010 Artist Entry: Ryan Schude

I remember first seeing Ryan Schude’s work years ago on a Flickr account he’d created to highlight his studio work. It’s amazing to see the transformation he’s undergone from amateur to true professional who lives and works out of Los Angeles, California. His work is reminiscent of Gregory Crewdson’s in that he stages these highly elaborate narratives that utilize light and shadow in such a way that tells very interesting and bizarre stories. His use of dramatic lighting and color really exemplifies the essence of a tableaux. In my current work, I am very interested in creating a more elaborate and personal environment in the studio. I am trying to overcome the confines of a studio setting and bring more of myself into my portraits by defining the environment to create a more intimate space. Seeing Schude’s work inspires me to push my concept further and really try to create successful narratives.







No comments:

Post a Comment